November 5–10, 2012 | Ames, Iowa
Where else on earth can you find all this in one place:
- Obtain further training in the use of BILD resources for doing C-BTE.
- Hang out with a cross-section of other church leaders using BILD resources and leading Antioch School programs.
- Rub shoulders with leaders of some of the world’s largest church planting movements.
- Link up in partnership with indigenous apostolic leaders in a whole new paradigm of missions.
- Get personal time with BILD staff and Antioch School senior faculty.
- Experience the hospitality of the Ames-Des Moines CityChurch family.
- Be challenged by God-sized ideas, such as the strategic role of “shadow/slum cities” in the spontaneous expansion of the Gospel.
During the preceding week, key leaders of BILD’s global partners gather for strategic planning and coordination of their C-BTE programs. On November 5-8, you may join these global leaders in further training on the use of BILD resources. The conference climaxes on November 8-10 with the BILD Executive Leadership Summit.
Ongoing Certification Training
Certified Leaders are required to take part in at least one Leadership Series course workshop and one mini-Paradigm Transformation Project each year in order to renew their certification to lead Antioch School programs. The BILD Conference is wonderful opportunity to obtain this training. The following options are available for you during the Conference:
The following two-day workshops are offered on November 5-6
(Monday-Tuesday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm):
- Teaching First Principles
- Pauline Epistles*
- Leaders in the Early Church*
- Preaching & Teaching*
- Theology in Culture*
The following two-day workshops are offered on November 7-8
(Wednesday-Thursday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm):
- Essentials of Sound Doctrine*
- Interpreting I*
- OT Theology: Law*
* Meets the Antioch School requirement for a Leadership Series course workshop
** Meets the Antioch School requirement for a mini-PTP
2012 Executive Leadership Summit
The BILD Conference climaxes on November 8-10 with the Executive Leadership Summit (ELS)**. This is an incredible opportunity to see what God is doing in the world. You can glimpse inside some of the largest, most innovative church planting movements. The ELS is a unique blend of ministry reports, foundational biblical teaching, and world-changing ideas. It begins with Jeff Reed introducing us to the concept of “Shadow Cities” and how the spontaneous expansion of the Gospel is taking off in some of the world’s worst slums. The ELS will focus on particular ministries as lenses through which to see some of the new and significant things God is doing in North America and the rest of the world. It concludes with a Friday night banquet of celebration and a Saturday morning prayer breakfast.
The BILD Conference gives you a wonderful opportunity to link up in partnership with indigenous apostolic leaders in a whole new paradigm in missions. You understand the effectiveness of in-service, church-based theological education. Well, it is exponentially more significant in parts of the world where there is no established church, weak economies, and yet the gospel is moving rapidly. The BILD Conference represents an entirely different approach to missions as well as theological education. For many of BILD’s North American partners, it is a new and refreshing idea to be able to partner with tested sodal leaders of church planting movements. During the BILD Conference, you can get a much better sense of what is happening and consider how you can become even more involved in the global expansion of the Gospel.
For those who wish to become Antioch School Certified Leaders, a week-long Initial Certification Training is offered November 5-9.
Making travel arrangements?
Read our Travel and Housing Information for the 2012 BILD Conference. Note that lunch and snacks are provided.